Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How did I end up here?

Ever get to a point that you're not sure how you got there?

I love my boys, I really do.

And now here comes the "but" that Dr. Phil says negates what was just previously said....

Sometimes I wish for some peace and quiet. There's only so many tantrums, fights, times being hit, yelled at, punched, kicked, etc., before you say...I wish I was left alone.

There's a commercial, I think IKEA, that the mother says someone needs a time out, and then she retreats to her quiet, pretty bedroom.

I feel like that lately.

I try so hard to do my best at work, and get kicked in the gut figuratively, only to come home and try to be a good mom, and get kicked in the gut literally.

What do YOU do when you need to chill out?

2 comments:

Lorrie Jeskey said...

I so LOVE that Ikea commercial and often wish I could do that myself. As a matter of fact I was taking to a friend today about that.

I have often said when people ask what I want for my birthday or Christmas "24 hours alone in a hotel with a bottle of wine, bubble bath, and that book I have wanted to read". I have yet to get it though. :)

I am very sorry to say that when I really need to chill out I step out on the porch (watching twins through the window) and have a cigarette. I know, I know, I should quit and I want to. But sometimes I need that 5 minutes alone. I will stop the smoking soon because as much as I need that time, I also need to be around for my kids and grandkids (long, long, long time from now).

I really wish I had a hobby again but it is so hard for me to find the time. Although my husband has no problem finding the time for his. As a matter of fact he left tonight soon after I came home to go to some "stupid" (my word) HAM radio thing and wont be home for a couple of hours. Was that a little bitter? sigh...

I don't know if this will help when it is bad but I will remind myself of a couple of things. 1. What does not kill us only makes us stronger. 2. This too shall pass.

Our kids are only "this" age once. We will get thought it and we will be stronger and better for making it through.

Jennifer Irving said...

Lorrie,

I know exactly how you feel. I would love to have a hobby again, I just don't have the energy. LOL

Thinking of my life before the boys, and my life now, even though I'm exhausted and grumpy, I'm happier. The boys are the lights of my life, and I'd do anything for them.

I'm like you, whenever people ask what I'd like, I'd say some time alone, but hubby wants to tag along. :)

I need to find someone to take me on a business trip again so I can miss the boys again LOL